Tuesday, May 31, 2011
I've learned a lot of things as a mom, most of them i kinda knew anyways but didn't fully comprehend until i experienced it first hand. But the biggest thing, the thing that I think is important for other women to know is, that i am a good mom and so are the rest of the women i know out there. Of all the beautiful women i know, i've been exposed to a variety of parenting styles and ideals some i agreed with or wish i had incorporated in my parenting life and some i didn't agree with, but regardless of my opinion the women i know are amazing moms. i sometimes beat myself up over the choices i've made while raising Trace, but i think so far he's turned out to be a pretty neat person. i look at the children of my lady friends and think so far they are amazing little people as well. So i think my true message is, if you ever have those moments when you question your abilities as a parent or even wonder "how you got yourself into this mess", just know that we've all had those moments and you are doing a great job. Your children will grow up thinking their mom is superwoman, because you are!
Saturday, April 30, 2011
today i took an amazing class with Tracey Clark, co-founder of the Shutter Sisters, at the Tea House Art Studios. Besides Tracey being an amazing artist and a total inspiration, the women I met today were so positive and inspiring themselves. It was so nice to talk and create with other women with similar interests. i'm a little disappointed that i won't be able to join them for tomorrows session but i am looking forward to future get togethers or even simple written exchanges. i feel rejuvenated in my photography efforts and that alone has made my day amazing!
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
on-the-go blogging from my iphone.
Monday, April 4, 2011
- felt accomplished at work until friday hit when my computer decided that it was a good time to crap out on me with 30 orders pending processing
- husband cooked dinner 3 nights
- got a call from the other driver's insurance with the payout for my vehicle $3k - thank you state farm
- scale said i lost 2lbs - thank you scale!
- paid a large sum of $$ on a looming debt - feels great!
- celebrating my sister's birthday with the family, nice time until trace broke a glass while "window shopping"
- helped nephew practice driving skills
- went to movie and dinner with bree, Limitless was cool
- visited with kim and her family (newest edition sarah), trace and joey play pretty darn well together!
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
it's amazing the whole process of pregnancy and birth. and though i've seen it first hand before and even experienced it myself, i still get teary-eyed when that little bebe finally enters this world.
my girlfriend kim's birth experience with sarah was quick and uncomplicated. kim was a super woman and handled each contraction with calm and grace. she did finally chose to get an epidural but almost immediately after the epidural she was ready to push and though she was tired and numb from the epidural she was able to give birth to sarah without any complications. congrats to kim and steve and big brother joey, sarah is the perfect addition to a wonderful family unit. and thank you for letting me share in this special moment in your lives.